Here are a few great apps to get started with:
- Google Drive - access your google drive account, read, edit, and share your google documents; including offline access. This app is not perfect yet, and has some limitations. Tables don't work yet, and you can't work with presentations yet.
- Evernote - take and share notes online in the cloud. Works on a PC and Mac too. Works through a browser or phone too. All your notes are available on any web device. This provides and organization structure as well, including to do lists and web clipping.
- Common Core - access Common Core State Standards on your iPad.
- neu.Annotate - open, highlight, add icons and text, annotate, etc. PDF files on your iPad. Save and organize PDFs for future reference. A great tool for working with documents on the web. Allow student to "mark up" text.
- Qrafter - QR code reader.
- Gmail - 'nuff said
- Feedly - RSS reader. This is my replacement for google reader. I use it to collect new post from blogs I follow.
- iPhoto, iMovie, iTunes U, iBooks
I am interested in learning more about these